1. Never wear your ear phones at full volume when out and about. Make sure you can hear approaching vehicles or people.
2. Always face towards anyone approaching. Make sure you can see their face and visually read any intentions. If you get a bad feeling keep your distance.
3. Visually scan their body language and be suspicious if they look to be concealing a weapon.
4. Be suspicious of anyone asking random questions if you are outdoors alone or at night time, "do you have a lighter", "what time is it? Keep moving.
5. Always keep a safe distance from anyone looking suspicious. Cross the road if you would feel more confortable.
6. Pay attention to you intuition. If something feels off, it probably is.